𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐦?
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
In Other religions other than Islam people who accept Confessions from sinners usually are priests or pastors or a high religious position that claims falsely to forgive sins on behalf of God as a mediator.
Usually, they claim that the Holy spirit (God as they claim is inside their body) That is a form of scamming – they sometimes charge money or get other non-financial benefits such as sexual favours or business benefits in various shapes
Asking anyone beside Allah for forgiveness of sins is considered a Grand sin in ITSELF which can nullify someone Islam unless repent from it too, which means make him/her not Muslim, because it would be a form of shirk=Polytheism = claiming partners or equals beside Allah exalted He, which goes against the very ONENESS of Allah in Islam.
Only Allah Exalted he forgive sins in Islam by comparison to the false chronological order of forgiving sins in other religions:
In other religions the priests or pastors commit sins of course, example tens of thousands of child molestations in the Catholic church that cost them billions of dollars worldwide. Question might pop up here, who would such a sinner priest or pastor would confess to?
Usually, such sinner priest or pastor would confess to the higher priest in that corrupt false chronological hierarchy, till you reach the Pope or the cardinal in charge which as we have been hearing regulalry from news is a very corrupt and has been COVERING up on ENDLESS Child Molestations and Homosexuality around the world, enough to Google about the scandals of catholic church to know.
In Islam NO middle person between God and the repenting sinner:
- It would be against Islam core beliefs to ask anyone beside Allah for forgiveness of Sins, it would be called a form of shirk=Polytheism= associating partners or eqauls beside Allah=One of the GRAND sins that can make a Muslim to be NOT Muslim and needs a grand repenetance in ITSELF.
- This is to ensure that the repenteing sinner’s privacy is protected and has NO human knows about their bad deeds and sins
- No one will use the knowledge about the sins and the sinner who repented and use this knowledge against the person who repented to blackmail them for financial gains or sexual, social, political, educational or any form of benefits
- NO human owns the Power to forgive – not even any prophet ONLY Allah exalted HE can he forgive sins as long as certain criteria are met.
Confessing sins to others is prohibited in Islam
According to Islam, confessing sins in front of other people is forbidden. In some religions, people go to holy places, and they confess their sins before a priest. This does not exist in Islam and such a thing is forbidden. Disclosing one’s secrets before other people is forbidden. It is no use doing this. Unlike some religions which say that a priest can forgive one’s sins, in Islam, God is the only one who forgives sins.
Even the Holy Prophet peace be upon him CAN NOT forgive one’s sins.
Allah exalted He says:
“And in no way have We sent any Messenger except that he should be obeyed, by the permission of Allah; and if, as they have done an injustice to themselves, they had come to you, so (had) asked forgiveness from Allah, and the Messenger (had) asked forgiveness for them, indeed they would have found Allah Superbly Relenting, Ever-Merciful.
[The Holy Quran, 4: 64].
If people go to the Holy Prophet peace be upon him when they commit sins and when they are unjust to themselves, if they ask Allah the Exalted to forgive them and if the Holy Prophet peace be upon him intercedes with God on their behalf, God will accept their repentance.
That is to say, the Holy Prophet peace be upon him only asks God to forgive them. He himself cannot forgive sins. Sins are only forgiven by Allah the Exalted. This is genuine repentance, and such repentance enjoys a special position.
Islam does not have any form of confession to mediators or humans between you and Allah.
Many non-Muslims think our religion is too hard and that we view Allah as only to be feared. Whereas, in reality Islam combines an equal amount of Love, Fear, and Hope. We are only humans so inevitably we will make mistakes and sin from time to time. Often, we tend to despair when we commit a sin.
But Thank Allah our forgiveness is only a prayer away. We don’t need any intercessors. We don’t have to pray to anyone else. We have a direct link. Praise to Allah what a beautiful religion……. a beautiful Way of Life!
On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:
Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”
To receive forgiveness from God there are three requirements:
- Recognizing the offense=sin itself and its admission before Allah.
- Making a commitment not to repeat the offense=sin again as strong as you can.
- Asking for forgiveness from Allah.
If the offense was committed against another human being, or against society, a fourth condition is added:
- Recognizing the offense=sin before those against whom offense was committed and before Allah.
- Committing oneself not to repeat the offense=sin.
- Doing whatever needs to be done to rectify the offense=sin (within Islamic guidelines) and asking pardon of the offended party.
- Asking Allah for forgiveness.
This is the teachings of Islam base on forgiveness of sin.
Allah knows Best