𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐮𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝?
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐮𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝’𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞.
𝐁𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 (𝟐:𝟒𝟎-𝟒𝟏)- 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌.
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝟐:𝟒𝟏 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝟖:𝟖 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?
𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝐞𝐰𝐬: “𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧.”
- [Qur’an 2:40–41] O Children of Israel, remember My favour, which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your part of the covenant, that I fulfil My part of the covenant, and reverence Me. You shall believe in what I have revealed herein, confirming what you have; do not be the first to reject it. Do not trade away My revelations for a cheap price, and observe Me.
- Jeremiah 8:8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
Like all the other religions in the world, Judaism has been corrupted by the human trend of distorting God’s words in the scripture. Judaism, as practiced by the majority of the Jews today, is not the religion authorized by God in the Torah,
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 “𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞” 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐮𝐝.
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧-𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲’𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 (𝐞.𝐠. 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲) 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐦 (𝐞.𝐠. 𝐇𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐚).
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧, 𝐆𝐨𝐝’𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬:
- [Quran 5:44] We have sent down the Torah, containing guidance and light. Ruling in accordance with it were the Jewish prophets, as well as the rabbis and priests, as dictated to them in God’s scripture, and as witnessed by them. Therefore, do not reverence human beings; you shall reverence Me instead.
- And DO NOT TRADE AWAY MY REVELATIONS for a cheap price. Those who do not rule in accordance with God’s REVELATIONS (Torah, Gospel, & Quran) are the DISBELIEVERS.
As it turned out, the Torah has been disregarded in favour of the man-made books of the Talmud and other similar rabbinic books, the Torah has been traded for the Talmud.
The Talmud (Hebrew for teaching or study) is described as a vast compendium of Jewish law and lore, a sequel to the Hebrew Bible, and the basis of Jewish religious life. Talmud for all practical reasons has become the number one source of Jewish religious laws. It consists of the MISHNA and Gemara.
The MISHNA recorded the teachings, sayings, interpretations, and explanations of many rabbis. The GEMARA (Aramaic for tradition or learning) recorded the description of actions as done, recommended, shown or represented by the Rabbis.
There are two Gemaras, the Palestinian Gemara, a product of the 3d and 4th centuries AD, and the Babylonian Gemara, completed about 499, with some later additions. From the 5th century, the Babylonian Talmud was generally accepted as the authoritative source of law (instead of the book of God, the Torah, which should have been the authoritative source of everything).
It is a clear example of the human trend of corruption of a great religion of God, Judaism. This, by no means, supports hatred towards the Jews or any religious group and is not anti-anything except falsehood. We are to live in peace in this world with all the people who have different beliefs and understanding of their religions as long as they respect this peace and other people’s beliefs as well.
- [Quran, 3:113–115] They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite God’s revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate. They believe in God and the Last Day, they advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and they hasten to do righteous works. These are the righteous. Any good they do will not go unrewarded. God is fully aware of the righteous.
- [Quran, 3:199] Surely, some followers of the previous scriptures do believe in God, and in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed to them. They reverence God, and they never trade away God’s revelations for a cheap price. These will receive their recompense from their Lord. God is the most efficient in reckoning.
While every religion has been corrupted by innovations, traditions, and false, idolatrous doctrines, there may be “Submitters” within every religion. There may be Submitters who are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or anything else.
These Submitters, collectively, constitute the only religion acceptable to God. All Submitters who are devoted to God ALONE, and do not set up any idols beside God, are redeemed into God’s eternal kingdom (see Qur’an 2:62). A criterion of the true submitters is that they will find nothing objectionable in the Quran.
𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 (𝟑:𝟑) – 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 – 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐡, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐥 (𝐁𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞)?
3. It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Tawrah and the Injil, 4. Aforetime, as a guidance to mankind. And He sent down the criterion. Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah, for them there is a severe torment; and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution.
Surah Ale-Imran (3:3-4)
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐓𝐚𝐟𝐬𝐢𝐫 𝐈𝐛𝐧 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫):
“It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth,” – means, revealed the Qur’an to you, O Muhammad, in truth, meaning there is no doubt or suspicion that it is revealed from Allah. Verily, Allah revealed the Qur’an with His knowledge, and the angels testify to this fact, Allah is sufficient as a Witness.
Allah’s statement, “Confirming what came before it” – means, from the previous divinely revealed Books, sent to the servants and Prophets of Allah. These Books testify to the truth of the Qur’an, and the Qur’an also testifies to the truth these Books contained, including the news and glad tidings of Muhammad’s prophethood and the revelation of the Glorious Qur’an.
Allah said, “And He sent down the Tawrah” – to Musa (Moses) son of `Imran, “And the Injil“, to `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), “Aforetime” – meaning, before the Qur’an was revealed, “As a guidance to mankind” – in their time. “And He sent down the criterion” – which is the distinction between misguidance, falsehood and deviation on one hand, and guidance, truth and piety on the other hand. This is because of the indications, signs, plain evidences and clear proofs that it contains, and because of its explanations, clarifications, etc.
Allah’s statement, “Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah” means they denied, refused and unjustly rejected them, “For them, there is a severe torment” – on the Day of Resurrection, “And Allah is All-Mighty” – meaning, His grandeur is invincible and His sovereignty is infinite, “All-Able of Retribution.” – from those who reject His Ayat and defy His honorable Messengers and great Prophets.
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐐𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧 (𝟑:𝟑)
Despite the Abobe-mentioned Nobel Quranic verse is crystal clear as it confirms WHAT COME BEFORE Prophet Muhammed= REVEALED to Prophet Moses AND Prophet Jesus son of Mary. Yet Christians and Jews out of desperation tried to do anything to justify their polytheism.
𝐇𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝, 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:
(It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, ) means, revealed the Qur’an to you, O Muhammad, in truth, meaning there is no doubt or suspicion that it is revealed from Allah. Verily, Allah revealed the Qur’an with His knowledge, and the angels testify to this fact, Allah is sufficient as a Witness. Allah’s statement,
(Confirming what came before it) means, from the previous, divinely revealed Books, sent to the servants and Prophets of Allah. These Books testify to the truth of the Qur’an, and the Qur’an also testifies to the truth these Books contained, including the news and glad tidings of Muhammad’s prophethood and the revelation of the Glorious Qur’an.
(And He sent down the Tawrah) to Musa (Musa) son of `Imran, (And the Injil), to `Isa, son of Mary,
Does the Quran Really Confirm the Bible is unchanged?
Quran confirms the Corruption of the Torah and Gospels
Is There Any Proof That the Bible Was Corrupted?
Evidence That Islam Teaches That There Was Textual Corruption of The Christian and Jewish Scriptures
Refuting The Argument That The Qur’an Orders The Prophet and Doubting Believers To Refer To The Christians and Jews For Consultation