Did the Quran confirm the Torah and Bible during Prophet Muhammed?
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
A Christian guy send this photo claing that The Glorious Quran has Confirmed the Torah and Bible in General during Prophet Muhammed time.
By quoting Quran (2:40-41)- Let us see the photo and How to respond to that FALSE CLAIM.
Are Quran 2:41 and Jeremiah 8:8 telling us about the same thing?
Divine Commandments to All Jews: “You Shall Believe in This Quran.”
- [Qur’an 2:40–41] O Children of Israel, remember My favour, which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your part of the covenant, that I fulfil My part of the covenant, and reverence Me. You shall believe in what I have revealed herein, confirming what you have; do not be the first to reject it. Do not trade away My revelations for a cheap price, and observe Me.
- Jeremiah 8:8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the Lord,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
Like all the other religions in the world, Judaism has been corrupted by the human trend of distorting God’s words in the scripture. Judaism, as practised by the majority of the Jews today, is not the religion authorized by God in the Torah,
But a newly formalized belief system based on man-made innovations and corruptions recorded in the “man-made” Talmud.
Similar corruptions by man-made books and laws can be seen in today’s Christianity (e.g. Trinity) and traditional Islam (e.g. Hadith and Sunna).
In the Quran, God’s Final Testament, God teaches us:
- [Quran 5:44] We have sent down the Torah, containing guidance and light. Ruling in accordance with it were the Jewish prophets, as well as the rabbis and priests, as dictated to them in God’s scripture, and as witnessed by them. Therefore, do not reverence human beings; you shall reverence Me instead.
- And DO NOT TRADE AWAY MY REVELATIONS for a cheap price. Those who do not rule in accordance with God’s REVELATIONS (Torah, Gospel, & Quran) are the DISBELIEVERS.
As it turned out, the Torah has been disregarded in favour of the man-made books of the Talmud and other similar rabbinic books, the Torah has been traded for the Talmud.
The Talmud (Hebrew for teaching or study) is described as a vast compendium of Jewish law and lore, a sequel to the Hebrew Bible, and the basis of Jewish religious life. Talmud for all practical reasons has become the number one source of Jewish religious laws. It consists of the MISHNA and Gemara.
The MISHNA recorded the teachings, sayings, interpretations, explanations of many rabbis. The GEMARA (Aramaic for tradition or learning) recorded the description of actions as done, recommended, shown or represented by the Rabbis.
There are two Gemaras, the Palestinian Gemara, a product of the 3d and 4th centuries AD, and the Babylonian Gemara, completed about 499, with some later additions. From the 5th century, the Babylonian Talmud was generally accepted as the authoritative source of law (instead of the book of God, the Torah, that should have been the authoritative source of everything).
It is a clear example of the human trend of corruption of a great religion of God, Judaism. This, by no means, supports hatred towards the Jews or any religious group and is not anti-anything except the falsehood. We are to live in peace in this world with all the people who have different beliefs and understanding of their religions as long as they respect this peace and other people’s beliefs as well.
- [Quran, 3:113–115] They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite God’s revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate. They believe in God and the Last Day, they advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and they hasten to do righteous works. These are the righteous. Any good they do will not go unrewarded. God is fully aware of the righteous.
- [Quran, 3:199] Surely, some followers of the previous scriptures do believe in God, and in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed to them. They reverence God, and they never trade away God’s revelations for a cheap price. These will receive their recompense from their Lord. God is the most efficient in reckoning.
While every religion has been corrupted by innovations, traditions, and false, idolatrous doctrines, there may be “Submitters” within every religion. There may be Submitters who are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or anything else.
These Submitters, collectively, constitute the only religion acceptable to God. All Submitters who are devoted to God ALONE, and do not set up any idols beside God, are redeemed into God’s eternal kingdom (see Qur’an 2:62). A criterion of the true submitters is that they will find nothing objectionable in the Quran.
Quranic Verse Quran (3:3) – Quran confirms the previous Scriptures – the Torah , the Injil (Bible) ?
3. It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, confirming what came before it. And He sent down the Tawrah and the Injil, 4. Aforetime, as a guidance to mankind. And He sent down the criterion. Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah, for them there is a severe torment; and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Able of Retribution.
Surah Ale-Imran (3:3-4)
Interpretation of the meaning (Tafsir Ibn Kathir):
“It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth,” – means, revealed the Qur’an to you, O Muhammad, in truth, meaning there is no doubt or suspicion that it is revealed from Allah. Verily, Allah revealed the Qur’an with His knowledge, and the angels testify to this fact, Allah is sufficient as a Witness.
Allah’s statement, “Confirming what came before it” – means, from the previous divinely revealed Books, sent to the servants and Prophets of Allah. These Books testify to the truth of the Qur’an, and the Qur’an also testifies to the truth these Books contained, including the news and glad tidings of Muhammad’s prophethood and the revelation of the Glorious Qur’an.
Allah said, “And He sent down the Tawrah” – to Musa (Moses) son of `Imran, “And the Injil“, to `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), “Aforetime” – meaning, before the Qur’an was revealed, “As a guidance to mankind” – in their time. “And He sent down the criterion” – which is the distinction between misguidance, falsehood and deviation on one hand, and guidance, truth and piety on the other hand. This is because of the indications, signs, plain evidences and clear proofs that it contains, and because of its explanations, clarifications, etc.
Allah’s statement, “Truly, those who disbelieve in the Ayat of Allah” means they denied, refused and unjustly rejected them, “For them there is a severe torment” – on the Day of Resurrection, “And Allah is All-Mighty” – meaning, His grandeur is invincible and His sovereignty is infinite, “All-Able of Retribution.” – from those who reject His Ayat and defy His honorable Messengers and great Prophets.
Some Christians and Jews claim that the Glorious Quran confirm the current partly corrupted Gospels and Torah by misquoting Quran (3:3)
Despite the Abobe-mentioned Nobel Quranic verse is crystal clear as it confirms WHAT COME BEFORE Prophet Muhammed= REVEALED to Prophet Moses AND Prophet Jesus son of Mary. Yet Christains and Jews out of desperation trying to do anything to justify their polytheism.
However, we are going to quote the clarification of the verse which rflect the Islamic solid, unshakable view:
(It is He Who has sent down the Book to you with truth, ) means, revealed the Qur’an to you, O Muhammad, in truth, meaning there is no doubt or suspicion that it is revealed from Allah. Verily, Allah revealed the Qur’an with His knowledge, and the angels testify to this fact, Allah is sufficient as a Witness. Allah’s statement,
(Confirming what came before it) means, from the previous divinely revealed Books, sent to the servants and Prophets of Allah. These Books testify to the truth of the Qur’an, and the Qur’an also testifies to the truth these Books contained, including the news and glad tidings of Muhammad’s prophethood and the revelation of the Glorious Qur’an.
(And He sent down the Tawrah) to Musa (Musa) son of `Imran, (And the Injil), to `Isa, son of Mary,