𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭 (𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐁𝐞 𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐦) 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐫’𝐚𝐧
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
The Bible says the first miracle of Jesus occurred when he was over thirty years old. In John 2:1-10, this miracle is when Jesus turned water into wine in a wedding. Jesus made this potent wine that the men have “well drunk.” This was not grape juice.
It was the same wine that, according to the Bible, enabled the daughters of Lot to seduce their father, Genesis 19:32-33. It was the same wine that the Christian is advised to avoid in Ephesians 5:18 “And be not drunk with wine.” The Quran does not mention this alleged miracle to Jesus.
On the other hand, in Islam, Jesus′ first miracle occurred when he was a baby. He spoke as an infant. He talked to defend his mother from any devious judgment from her people. Now ask yourself, which version of the first miracle would you choose for Jesus? The Islamic version or the Biblical version?
The Christian could read in the Quran everything he wanted to know about Jesus, but in the most noble, elevated, and sublime language.
A Christian or a Muslim, when reading the above story in the Quran, could not help being moved by it. I personally saw Muslim adults crying in humility when reading or listening to this miraculous story of the birth of Jesus.
The second section of Surah Maryam, Surah 19, Ayah 16 to 40, tells the story of the birth of Jesus:
16. Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.
17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
18. She said: “I seek refuge from thee to ((Allah)) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah.”
19. He said: “Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
20. She said: “How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?”
21. He said: “So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, “that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us”: It is a matter (so) decreed.”
22. So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: She cried (in her anguish): “Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!”
24. But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): “Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee.
25. “And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
26. “So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, “I have vowed a fast to ((Allah)) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into not talk with any human being””
27. At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: “O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
28. “O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!”
29. But she pointed to the babe. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?”
30. He said: “I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet.
31. “And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live.
32. “(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable.
33. “So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)”!
34. Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, “Be”, and it is.
36. Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.
37. But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!
38. How plainly will they see and hear, the Day that they will appear before Us! but the unjust today is in error manifest!
39. But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent, and they do not believe!
40. It is We Who will inherit the earth, and all beings thereon: to Us will they all be returned.
The above verses represent the personal side of the experiences of the worshippers of Allah in relation to their families or environment.
Many Christians May Think the Aaron Mentioned as Mary Being His Sister Is the Aaron of Moses, No! In My Next Posting Allah willing I Will Clear the Misconception!
Yaquba Nuri Amin
Allah knows Best.
Was Jesus Sent to be Crucified?
Why Was Mary Referred to as ‘Sister of Aaron’ When She Brought the Baby Jesus to Her People in the
The Bible and the Quran on the birth of Jesus
The First Miracle of Jesus Christ (Peace Be Upon Him) In the Bible and Qur’an
The Resurrection Hoax, a Big Scam
The Crucifixion Hoax
Contradictions in the Resurrection of Jesus Accounts
Paul The False Aposle
A List of Biblical Contradictions
Mankind’s corruption of the Bible
Contradictions everywhere in the Bible
Almighty Allah is the highest and most knowledgeable, and the attribution of knowledge to him is the safest.
Right from Almighty Allah and wrong from me and Satan
Prepared by Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
Make sure to copy and email this post for your reference, you might need it later.
Arrogance is not only a sign of insecurity, but also a sign of immaturity. Mature and fully realised persons can get their points across, even emphatically without demeaning or intimidating others.