Prophet Jesus was not the only Prophet who was born miraculously. By miraculous, we mean outside of the normal process of human reproduction Allah has ordained which requires a man and a woman to conceive a child. In the case of Jesus, this meant being born of a mother but no father.
But Prophet Adam (peace be upon him)’s birth was even more miraculous in this sense since he was created with no mother or father. Similarly, Hawa or Eve (may Allah be pleased with her) was created from a man, her husband, and no parents.
The birth of Prophet John is miraculous because he is the offspring of a barren mother and an elderly father. His father, it should be noted, was also a Prophet named Zechariah.
The birth of John the Baptist was a miracle. Here’s why.
- With the help of an angel, Zechariah and Elizabeth conceived a child despite their advanced age.
- Zachariah said, “My Lord, how will I have a boy when I have reached old age and my wife is barren?” The angel said, “Such is God; He does what He wills.” (Quran 3:40)
- But the angel said, “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will name him John” (Luke 1:13).
- Elizabeth was 88 years old when she gave birth to John: “My father,” says Yahyā (John), “was ninety and nine and my mother eighty and eight years old.
Like Sarah, Hannah was unable to give her husband a child. She prayed to God, and promised that if she bore a son, she would raise him to become a Nazirite—a person devoted to the service of God.
With the birth of John, Allah granted Zechariah his desire for an heir.
- “And We bestowed favor upon Zechariah when he cried to his Lord: ‘Lord! Leave me not solitary [without any issue]. You are the best Inheritor.’ So, we accepted his prayer and bestowed upon him John, and We made his wife fit (to bear a child). Verily they hastened in doing good works and called upon Us with longing and fear and humbled themselves to Us” (Quran 21:89-90).
We know that 88 years old barren cannot bear a child. What do Christians think about John the Baptist? Wasn’t His birth being miraculous like Jesus (pbuh)
- Mary was convinced that this was another miraculous intervention of the Almighty. The same God who had made her barren cousin pregnant and has been feeding her with heavenly fruits has now decreed to miraculously make her conceive a baby boy who would be a Messenger of God.
Mary had previously experienced communication of the angels with her and thus had no doubt of this divine communication.
Birth of Jesus:
- Mary said, “My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?” [The angel] said, “Such is God; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is. (Quran 3:47)
Now, our question to Christian, why don’t think John the Baptist and Isaac as son of GOD or GOD like Jesus Despite of their Miraculous Birth
Allah knows Best.