Do Muslims Worship The Black Stone Of The Kaaba?
Do Muslims Worship Kabah?
Enemies of Islam are spreading lies about Islam and claiming that Hajj=Pilgrimage in Mecca is paganism. They have been labeling the following Islamic rituals to be paganism.
· Facing towards the Kaaba and praying (salat)
· Kissing the black stone during Pilgrimage in Mecca
· Throwing stones at the portrait of the devil
· Shaving the head during Hajj=Pilgrimage in Mecca
· Wearing white clothes during Hajj=Pilgrimage in Mecca
· Revolving around the Kaaba=Black stone in Mecca 7 times
· Moon and star symbol in Mosques and flags
Refuting the false allegations:
Facing towards the Kaaba and praying means to worship the Kaaba?
Kaaba= is black stone in the centre of the campus of the first mosque on Earth planet which is Mecca and originally was founded by Prophet Abraham and his son Prophet Ishmael. Its real name in Arabic is “Masjid Al Haram”. Prayers are also offered inside the Kaaba=Black room that contains the actual black stone.
Video of praying inside the Kaaba. https://youtu.be/EQ-oq2xjBi4
Muslims also stand on the top of the Kaaba. In the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him), his Companion Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) stood on the roof of the Kaaba and gave Azan (call for prayer). There is a muezzin (person making the call for the prayer) and an Imam in Kaaba mosque like all other mosques. There are roofs, doors, and stairs like other mosques. There were windows before. Have you seen doors, windows, roofs, and stairs in any of the idols till today?
Muslims worship Allah alone, the Lord of the Ka’bah=Black stone in Mecca, who is Unique, King of Kings, creator of everything, has no sons, never dies, invisible, single, and only one. As explained earlier the Ka’bah the black stone inside that black room within the campus of the mosque in Mecca that is prepared for prayers and Muslims around the world observe it as the direction to pray and that direction we call it in Arabic the qibla (direction of prayer) of the Muslims.
Read this Chapre from the Glorious Holy Quran that highlist that Muslims worship THE LORD of this House which the black stone is in:
Al-Aqsa Mosque of Jerusalem (The area of Solomon’s Temple) was the first qibla of the Muslims. In the time of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) Muslims prayed towards for 17 months facing Jerusalem by the command of Allah.
People should have a common sense that an object that has a door, a roof, a staircase cannot be an idol. What is there to worship anyway in a black room, black stone, or a mosque?
If Christians actually or those who accuse Islam of paganistic rituals bother to seek to differentiate between facts from fiction. They should have read their own Bible to discover that there are MULTIPLE Black stones and and other colorful stones in the Bible here are they let us quote the Bible:
Take away Paul, and what do we have? One powerful point here is how it is one of very FEW stories that remains CONSISTENT among ALL 3 synoptic gospels!!
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.
Daniel 2: 44-45
“In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people (NO BROKEN COVENANT – ISHMAEL). It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands–a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold to pieces. “The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”
Psalm 118:21-23 I shall give thanks to You, for You have answered me, And You have become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This is the LORD’S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? “Therefore, I tell you that the kingdom of God WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU and GIVEN TO A PEOPLE WHO WILL PRODUCE ITS FRUIT!”
Have you never read this Scripture: ‘The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in our eyes’?”
Jesus looked at them and said, what is this then that is written, the stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.” (GOD USING THE STONE IN HIS JUDGEMENT??? SOUND FAMILIAR??)
1 Peter 2:7
To you who believe, then, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe, “The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.”
This is the LORD’S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes!!!
The Jews are all known as a monotheistic nation. The Jews pray by facing towards the Temple Mount of Jerusalem. That is their Qibla. The prayers of the Jews are almost exactly like those of the Muslims. Video of Jewish prayer
The Jews do not become pagans when they face towards Temple Mount of Jerusalem for prayer, but the Muslims become pagans when they face towards the Kaaba for prayer. Alas! Also, according to history, until 70 AD the Jews used to perform Hajj anticlockwise around the Solomon’s Temple of Jerusalem 7 times.
The rules of Hajj are beautifully written in their Oral Torah. At 70 AD, Roman Emperor Titus destroyed the Solomon’s Temple and the Hajj of the Jews stopped. Even the word Hajj comes from the Hebrew word “Hagg” which means “circle”. That is why you will see that during the Hajj the circle revolves.
Muslims just pray facing towards the Kaaba=Black stone in Mecca as per Almighty Allah order and as a representation of a one Universal Muslim community and a place for the annual universal meeting of Hajj=Pilgrimage that represents and enhances the unity. No other reason.
Many people claim that Kaaba was a pagan temple. But Muslims conquered it by force. It is their hypocrisy or ignorance. The Kaaba was built by Prophet Ibrahim(pbuh) and Ismail(pbuh). Even the pagans also believed it. Many years after Ibrahim and Ismail’s death. The idolatry began in the Kaaba=Black stone in Mecca.
A wretch named Amr bin luhai started idolatry first in the Kaaba. He went to Syria for business and while returning, he brought an idol with him and established the idol at the Kaaba.
He misleads the people by saying that Syria is the land of prophets. So, what the Syrian people are doing must be right. In this way, by talking more and more, he engaged the Meccan people in idol worshiping. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him just broke the idols and gave Kaaba its original form.
Similarly, the Temple Mount of Jerusalem was built by prophet Jacob but the next generation once worshipped idols and established many idols in the Temple Mount of Jerusalem — just like the Ka’bah! Many may be shocked to hear this, but the Judeo-Christian scriptures say so. See (2 Kings 21:3-11)
Kissing the black stone is stone worshipping?
What is the source of this Hazar al Aswad (black stone)? Why is it in the Kaaba=Blackroom in the campus of the Mosque in Mecca?
According to some narrations, at the command of Allah, Angel Gabriel (peace be upon him) threw the stone at the place of the Ka’bah and Ibrahim (peace be upon him) built the Ka’bah=Black stone in Mecca on that place. Actually, to indicate the piece of land where the Kaaba has to be built, Gabriel threw the stone.
Interestingly, according to the Bible, the foundation of the Temple Mount is also associated with a stone/rock. What is the basis of the Dome of the rock? According to the Bible Prophet Jacob, the father of the Israelites, laid the foundation of the Temple on a special stone! Not only that, Jacob, made the stone stand like a pillar and poured oil on it with devotion!
New International Version (NIV)
18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it.19 He called that place Bethel [House of God] though the city used to be called Luz.
20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear.
21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord[b] will be my God.
22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”
Christian missionaries make questions about the black stone why it is in the Ka’bah, while on their own scriptures they are completely silent about the fact that a stone is attached to the foundation of the Temple Mount. They also consider Jacob to be a prophet. Kissing in the black stone of Muslims becomes ‘pagan behavior’ to them but pouring oil on the stone of Temple Mount in devotion by Jacob, setting up the stone as a pillar is not paganism for them!
Why this two-way behavior?
Christian missionaries mock the Hajj by calling Muslims as ‘stone worshipers’ (!) Or ‘meteor worshipers’, while the Bible itself says that God is a stone/rock and in many verses in the Bible “Stone-god” is found and worshipped! Even the Bible says: “All praise is of stone”!!
Seems incredible? Then see: Bible — 2 Samuel 22: 2-3, 22:47; Psalms 18: 2, 18:46, 19:14, 28: 1, 31: 2-3, 42: 6, 71: 2, 6, 71: 3, 92:15, 144: 1. In fact, throughout the Bible, “Stone god” has been praised so much that it is easy to find references.
Many people say that Muslims go to Mecca by spending millions of dollars to kiss a black stone. They say it as if this is the only purpose or main purpose of going to Mecca and everyone goes to Mecca for this purpose!
But in reality, no one goes to Mecca to kiss the black stone. People go to Mecca to perform Hajj(pilgrimage). Hajj=Pilgrimage is an act of worship. It is like prayer(salat), fasting, zakat etc.
Kissing on the stone is an ancillary work of Hajj. Besides, there are many other ancillary works of Hajj=Pilgrimage, but no one talks about them. History says that the black stone was stolen from the Kaaba=Black stone in Mecca for 23 years. Was the Hajj stopped at that time?
Were our prayers stopped at that time?
The answer is—No. Because kissing the black stone is never the main purpose of anyone. The black stone is now broken into eight pieces. So, it is preserved in a frame of Silver by Saudi Government.
Muslims kiss that stone because it is the stone of paradise. No other reason.
All Muslims agree that stone has no power of good or evil. Besides, no Muslim thinks that stone is part of Allah or Allah or an idol. We kiss our own child. We kiss the Holy Quran too. They are not considered as worship to them, but worship will be considered to them if we kiss the black stone.
What a ridiculous claim. Are kissing and worshiping the same thing?
Even Muslims kiss it, but Muslims do not know that they worship the stone. Only Christians are all knowers!
Is it idolatry to stone the portrait of the devil?
Now I see that in the eyes of the brothers, reprimanding the idol has become idol worship!
It is a good deed to stone the devil! It is an anti-devil deed. Muslims believe that there is a devil inside every idol. So, hitting them means hitting the devil in fact. Those who are idol worshipers, do they throw stones at their idols?
Is it paganism to revolve around the Kaaba=Black stone in Mecca 7 times?
We Muslims are instructed to revolve around the Kaaba =Black stone in Mecca seven times anti-clockwise. But the pagans revolve around something 7 times clockwise, which is the completely opposite of the Muslims. That means Muslims are opposing pagans.
It cannot be described in words how many collisions and push-ups would have taken place if the people come and go straightforward in the area. There occurs no collision for walking around the Kaaba like a circle and everyone can see around the whole Kaaba and associated many things with it.
Is it paganism to shave one’s head during Hajj=Pilgrimage?
There is no obligation to shave one’s head during Hajj=Pilgrimage. The rule is to cut all the hair of the head evenly. Since it is difficult to cut all the hair of the head evenly, most men shave their heads completely.
The nature of the pagans is to have big hair. Hindu saints are seen with huge and long hair. But the Muslims do the exact opposite, shave, or shorten their hair. So how can it be a part of paganism? Also, most pagans have mustaches and beards. But the Muslims shave the mustaches and have the beards. That is the complete opposite to the pagans.
Is it paganism to wear white clothes during Hajj=Pilgrimage?
White is the symbol of clarity and serenity. All the Muslims wear a piece of cloth during hajj. All Muslims wear a piece of simple cloth during Hajj avoiding splendid dresses. It binds all Muslims in unity and the kings, the presidents, the subjects, the rich and the poor all merge together. The differences between all are removed. The pagans rotate around the Kaaba naked. But Muslims rotate around the Kaaba with clothes. So, both are different.
Besides, wearing white clothes is also the opposite of paganism. The religious dresses of the pagans are red/orange /yellow/ocher. wearing these colors are completely haram(forbidden) in Islam. Our prophet has forbidden us to wear these colors.
Is it paganism to use the moon and star symbol in the mosques and flags?
The moon is a symbol of peace and solitude. Islam does not like noise or dancing. The months and the years are also counted in Islam by noticing at the moon. So, the moon is particularly important. But that does not mean that Muslims worship the moon and stars. The Qur’an clearly says that do not prostrate to the sun or to the moon but prostrate to Allah, who has created them. The moon was the symbol of the Turkish nation and the Ottomans.
The Ottomans were the caliphs of the Muslims for a long time. Since then, the moon and star symbol have been spread to different Muslim countries. Islam has no religious affiliation with it. In all the wars of the Prophet (peace be upon him), there were written in the flags “Allahu Akbar= Allah is Great” or “La ilaha illallahu Muhammadur Rasoolullah= I bear witness that No deity worthy of worship, But Almighty Allah and Prophet Muhammed is his last and final messenger”.
The current flag of Saudi Arabia also has no moon and star symbol. Some people try to associate “Hubal” with the symbol of the moon and star. But these are their ignorance or hypocrisy. Hubal was the god of fortune, rain, and war. Hubal had nothing to do with the moon. Whatever, Prophet Muhammad PBUH destroyed the idols of Hubal too at the day of the victory of Mecca.
The man who fought against pagans all his life is turned into a pagan in the eyes of a group of ignorant people! In his 13 years in Medina, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) waged about 80 wars against the pagans for various reasons, and the remaining 20 wars against the Jews and the Christians.
He fought 100 wars against pagans, Jews and Christians in 13 years. He broke all the 360 idols of Kaaba with a stick in his hand, even on the night of his birth, the idols of the Kaaba were shattered by the wind, how can he and his religion be paganism?!
Islam is a pagan religion is the most deceiving and unrealistic saying in the world.
Now let us see which religion is paganism. Islam or Christianity?
(1) Hindus pray to idols. Christians also pray to idols. But Muslims do not pray to any idol.
(2) It is a pagan custom to call God as the Father (Geeta 12:17). You will also see Hindus calling Shiva “Father”. Christians do the same.
(3) Hindus believe in incarnation (Avatar baad). That is, God came down to earth in human form. Christians have the same belief! God came down to earth in the form of Jesus!
(4) Hindus believe in Trinity. Trinity of the Hindus: Brahma +Vishnu + Shiva. They call it “Trimurti”. Christians also believe in Trinity like this pagan! Father + Son + Holy Spirit!
(5) Hindus consider Sunday as a holiday. In the same way Christians consider Sunday as holiday! Really, what a strange similarity between these two pagan religions!
(6) To stop the birth of Krishna, King Kangas killed all the male babies of his kingdom.
In the Bible, King Herod killed all the male babies of his kingdom to stop the birth of Jesus!
(7) Hindus do not circumcise. Christians also do not circumcise!
(8) Krishna used to play with cows, Jesus used to play with sheep.
(9) Original sin: This is also stolen from the Hindus. According to Hindu theology, people are born lame and poor due to original sin. Christians also believe in original sin!
(10) There are pictures and idols in pagan temples. There are also pictures and idols of Jesus and Mary in the Christian churches. But there is not a single picture or idol in any mosque.
(11) Pagans sing and dance in the temples. Christians also sing and dance in the churches. On the other hand, singing and dancing are strictly forbidden in Islam.
(12) Hindus sanctified by immersion in the holy river Ganga. Christians also sanctify by immersion in holy water. This ritual is called “Baptism”. But Muslims do not have such a ritual.
(13) Hindus keep short beards or shave beards and long mustaches. Christians do the same thing. On the other hand, Muslims keep medium beards and short mustaches or shave mustaches which is opposite to the pagans.
(14) The Christmas celebrated by the Christians was a festival of the Greek pagans. On this day, the pagans celebrated the festival in worship of their gods of crops. December 25, Christmas, came from those pagans. All Christian theologians agree with this. Even the Birthday of a famous Egyptian pagan god “Horus” is also December 25 who existed 3000 years ago from Jesus.
(15) Pagans ring bells in temples during worship. Christians also ring bells in churches during worship. On the other hand, Muslims call for prayers by voice (Adhan).
(16) Hindus pray to God with folded hands. Christians also pray to God with folded hands like Hindus. But Muslims pray to God with spread-hands like a help seeker.
(17) Bhakti-Yog: In both Hinduism and Christianity, there is no need to maintain Sharia law or laws of religion. But there is a need in Islam.
(18) God has children, these are the beliefs of pagans. Christians also believe that God has children. But such beliefs are strictly forbidden in Islam.
(19) Even the Christians’ religious symbol cross is derived from the ancient Egyptian pagan symbol “Ankh”.
(20) The Egyptian pagan god “Horus” walked on water. Jesus of the Bible also walked on water.
(21) The Egyptian pagan god Horus was brought to Egypt from another country when he was a child. The biblical Jesus was also brought to Egypt from another country when he was a child!
(22) The Egyptian god Horus was educated in the temple. Jesus of the Bible was also educated in the temple!
(23) The Egyptian pagan god Horus had 12 disciples. Jesus of the Bible also had 12 disciples.
(24) The Egyptian pagan god Horus went to a man named “Anup” and was sanctified by immersion in water at the age of his 30. Jesus also went to John the Baptist and took baptism in water at the age of his 30!
(25) The Egyptian pagan god Horus was crucified, buried, and resurrected a few days later. The biblical Jesus was also crucified, buried, and resurrected a few days later!
Now, think and understand which religion is paganism.
Allah knows Best.
Prepared by Mohamad Mostafa Nassar- Australia.
Make sure to copy and email this post for your reference, you might need it later.
Arrogance is not only a sign of insecurity, but also a sign of immaturity. Mature and fully realised persons can get their points across, even emphatically without demeaning or intimidating others.