𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝟗:𝟔
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
That is what Christian’s bible stated “For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Christians normally quote the verse above and claim it’s a prophecy about Jesus, however there are problems in this verse and they are as follows:
1-This verse is mistranslated by Christians.
2-This verse talks about the past events. Not future.
3- The mighty God doesn’t refer to Jesus.
4- Biblical Jesus object being prince of peace.
5- Answer about the person who is being born and called “The Mighty God”.
1. The verse is mistranslated and should be translated as ” “For a child was born (יֻלַּד־) to us, a son was given(נִתַּן־) to us, and the authority WAS placed(וַתְּהִ֥י) upon his shoulders, and his name WAS called(וַיִּקְרָ֨א) a wonderful counselor is the mighty God, the everlasting Father the ruler of peace” (as per Jewish Translation)
The Hebrew words above was translated correctly in other verses but not in Isaiah 9:6(in Christian’s bible)
Genesis 4:26 “a son was born(יֻלַּד־); and he called(וַיִּקְרָ֨א)”
Joshua 24:33 “which was given(נִתַּן־) him in the hill country”
2 Samuel 8:6 “and the Arameans became(וַתְּהִ֥י) servants
Genesis 26:9 “Then Abimelech called(וַיִּקְרָ֨א) Isaac and said,”
2. As you read the verse from the Hebrew scripture, this verse is clearly talking about THE PAST event. From reading chapter 8-11, it talks about when Syria went to war against Jerusalem, God protected that city in the time of King Hezekiah.
3. The verse doesn’t refer to Jesus for these reasons:
– Jesus was never called mighty God / Everlasting father during his ministry on earth.
– There was no Government on Jesus shoulder when he was here on earth. Pagan Rome was Governing the country and Jesus had to hide from them.
4. Matthew 10:34 Biblical Jesus said “”Don’t think that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.” The prince of peace wouldn’t make such a statement.
5. THIS VERSE IS REFERRING to HEZEKIAH. The name Hezek-iah literally mean “The mighty God” and it talks about the event that has happened in Hezekiah’s time. HZK is chazak, which means The Mighty. The suffix ‘iah’ means God, and is appended to many names in the Jewish Tanakh, as I will demonstrate below.
Just in case, if Christians are still arguing about the name, Jews have mighty names. Let me give you a couple of examples:
Elienai =God is My eyes
Tovia=Goodness is God
Hananiah =Gracious Lord
Elisha=God is Salvation
Elijah = Yehweh is God
Michael (nick name “Mike”) means “who is like God”.
Gabriel= Strong God.
The judges Exodus 21:6= Elohim
Now just because the prophets such as Elijah, the judges, Hananiah, and Hezekiah have God names, that doesn’t make them God.
Source: Short refute from Rabbi Tovia Singer
King Hezekiah in Isaiah 9:6….(Not je-zeus)
The Begotten Son of God
Isaiah 9:6 Messiah God?
Jesus Christ is not God Almighty! Proofs from Bible!
Is Messiah God?
The Messiah in Islam
The Messiah in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, What Is the Meaning of “Messiah” According to Islam?
Jesus the Messiah in Islam, in Christianity and in reality: 10 points every Christian really must know
The Messiah was only a Messenger and his mother was a ṣiddīqah: Tafsir al-Sa’di
The Muslims’ Beliefs Concerning the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam
Answer to Questions About the Verses Which Speak of the Life of the Messiah (peace be upon him)