Revering God between Islam and Christianity
We would assume that you agree with me that some the main reasons behind any divine revelations are:
1) God tells us about his unique self.
2) For us to respect, revere him, and worship him alone.
3) Not associating partners or equals with him.
4) In doing so a person does NOT have to be equipped by a “holy spirit’ as a prerequisite, otherwise it would void the whole purpose of sending a divine revelation and for us to have the free will to choose. In other words, if you EXPECT a NON-Christian to be equipped with the Christian holy spirit to accept Christianity, you are barking up the wrong true. An already Christian would have the “holy spirit” NOT a Muslim.
5) To Resolve that dilemma God equipped EVERY human being with something so precious, namely the brain, which is in the upper part of the human body and protected, sealed fully and completely within the skull.
6) We Must use the brain first and foremost to reason and differentiate between what is true and what is false.
By very simple fair and unbiased comparison between the Concept of God in Islam vs Christianity we will be able to find the following:
Let us start with:
New International Version
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day
These verses depict God to be a human being in the form of a man walking in the garden then the man and his wife (Adam and Eve supposedly) run to hide from God. How is this a holy word of God or even inspired by God, when it is actually blasphemous, it indicates that God is a man CONTAINED within his own creation and is unable to see the “man and his wife” as soon as they hid behind trees. (Remember my introduction and the criteria set out above).
Again, I would argue again that Genesis 18:1 does not mean that God appeared to Abraham physically but one of God’s signs of might. As we in Islam believe that One of God’s signs of might appeared to the Mountain while speaking with Prophet Moses, unlike some Christians try to twist the Quranic verse to try to claim that Islam endorses reincarnation at the fire that was near Prophet Moses, which is false.
Claiming God NEEDED to kill himself (his son too as another facet of the trinity or Godhead) is blasphemous. The begging question here is: Can God of the Christianity Forgive without the need to have a son to be bashed, spate on, dragged down the street, hung on a cross or a stick. Get killed by his own creation of his “father’s creation” and be buried and “resurrected” and Go to heavens to sit down on the right-hand side of God (Himself since Jesus, God and holy spirit are One)?
You might think that those acts are made out of love, but they are blasphemous and go against the majestic nature of God. In Islam no need for all those blasphemous dramatic steps in order for God to Forgive.
For more information feel free to check out or Dawah website especially under response to Christianity and lies and myths about Islam Refuted here www.IslamCompass.com
Almighty Allah is the highest and most knowledgeable, and the attribution of knowledge to him is the safest.
Right from Almighty Allah and wrong from me and Satan
Prepared by Mohamad Mostafa Nassar- Australia.
Make sure to copy and email this post for your reference, you might need it later.
Arrogance is not only a sign of insecurity, but also a sign of immaturity. Mature and fully realised persons can get their points across, even emphatically without demeaning or intimidating others.