First let us acknowledge that the following hadith is AUTHENTIC=Sahih.
Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas:
The Prophet used to copy the people of the Scriptures in matters in which there was no order from Allah. The people of the Scripture used to let their hair hang down while the pagans used to part their hair. So the Prophet let his hair hang down first, but later on he parted it.
• Sahih al-Bukhari, 5917
• Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 7, Book of Dress, Hadith 799
• Sahih al-Bukhari, Book of Dress, Hadith 799
Here are the reasons Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him copied the People of the Scriptures in matters in which there was no order from Allah: –
1) Almighty Allah did not forbidden copying in something not religiously forbidden nor classed as bad innovation within the religious foundations, creed or even rituals.
2) Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him as a way of inviting the people of the scripture to Islam and show them that since they are people of the scripture and have some truth within their Book. Then they are better than Pagan Arabs who were even relatives of him., which also shows that Islam does not favour relatives if they were Pagans over people of the scripture who have some truth.
3) No harm in mimicking or copying in anything good, example if a Muslim start to copy a Non-Muslim in learning who to manufacture cars for the benefit of humanity, where is the harm?
4) We will go step further and say that Islam also confirmed the correct parts of the Bible and confirmed the ten commandments of Prophet Moses. This does not mean it was copied, on the opposite.
Islam was sent to CONFIRM the correct parts of the Bible and RECTIFY the corrupted parts of the Bible.
5) Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him showed a friendly kind approach towards people of the scripture by allowing to copy in any thing useful and even copying atheists in anything useful if NO contradiction with any Islamic teachings.
No harm in working, business dealing or collaborate with any human regardless of their religious backgrounds as far as NO contradictions with any Islamic teachings.
6) Finally, we advise the questioner to start think about much more theological problems within their doctrine such as the dilemma of God becoming human and eat, go to the toilet, bashed, dragged down the streets and sacrificed his life to restore what he sacrificed after three days, we view this to be the SACRIFISE HOAX what a waste of time.
In saying all that when it comes to following the truth, Prophet Muhammed approved the tradition of Prophet Moses and Prophet Jesus son of Mary/ Issa son of Maryam by growing beard, trimming the moustache . Read the following two hadith for Prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.
Ibn Umar said:
The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Act against the polytheists, trim closely the moustache and grow beard.
Reference:Sahih Muslim 259c In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 69 USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 2, Hadith 500
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.
Reference: Sahih Muslim 260 In-book reference: Book 2, Hadith 70 USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 2, Hadith 501
Allah knows Best.
Prepared by Mohamad Mostafa Nassar- Australia.
Make sure to copy and email this post for your reference, you might need it later.
Arrogance is not only a sign of insecurity, but also a sign of immaturity. Mature and fully realised persons can get their points across, even emphatically without demeaning or intimidating others.