Top Tips for Becoming Special and Closer to Allah Almighty
Becoming one of Allah’s special person is a desire everyone of Muslims wishes for. However, in order to make this wish come true, it is imperative to do special things that Allah the Almighty has ordered the human beings. When you start doing the things that your Lord has ordered you to perform, you start getting the blessings of being special to Him.
Therefore, to attain the special status, everyone is encouraged to look at things that will please Allah and prevent you from breaching out the rules He has established for human beings to live on earth.
In this post, we are going to have a look at some of the major deeds we can do in order to be among the blessed ones:
Five Pillars – Do the Basics Right
The five pillars of Islam are the fundamentals to which the basis of the Religion is established. These five pillars are known as:
- Tauheed / Shahadah – This refers to the fact that there is no god, but Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is God’s Last Messenger. Anyone who refrains from accepting this fact is excluded from the circle of Islam. Hence, he/she can never ever attain a level of being special to Allah.
- Salat / Prayers – It is obligatory for every Muslim to offer his prayers five times a day on particular times. On the day of resurrection, the foremost question will be asked about the prayers. Therefore, to pass out the accountability process successfully, everyone must offer the prayers with humble gratitude to Allah.
- Zakat – Charity rewards and the easiest way to be the beneficiary is to give Zakat and Sadaqa. In order to purify your savings and assets, it is mandatory (only who are eligible) to give Zakat to the poor and needy. This does not only purifies your possessions and trade, but also creates a level of peace and ultimate satisfaction deep down inside the heart.
- Fasting – Fasting in the month of Ramadan is another act of worship, which is being made obligatory for all Muslims. This month is considered among the most holy months which Allah (SWT) has blessed Muslims to seek His nearness and forgiveness.
- Hajj / Pilgrimage – Kaabah, the Holy Home of The Lord, is the place where every able body is encouraged to visit during the month of Dul-Hajj and perform the Hajj. Hajj is a special Ibadaat and an expression of loyalty to Allah. When you be loyal to Him, The Almighty will give you a heart and eye to look at the universe differently i.e. in a more beautiful way.
Remember, five pillars are the base of Islam and best maintaining of these pillars is an utter guide to live your life according to the teachings of Islam.
While five pillars of Islam help you live your life in an Islamic way, one cannot simply deny the significance of learning and understanding The Holy Quran. In other words, along with practicing the basics, learning and understanding the Teachings from Quran is the point from where the whole process starts. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said in hadith:
“Such a person who recites the Qur’an and masters it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven). And such a person exerts himself to learn the Qur’an by heart, and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.” (Muslim)
Thus from this saying of the Last Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), one can easily judge the benefits and blessings of reciting Quran. Quran is a divine book, which entails the secrets of this world, hereafter, and the way one should prosper in the way of Allah. Therefore, reading it with translation and understanding the meanings will evolve your soul in the right direction. And hence, you will be automatically reaching out to follow the will of your Lord and whoever, lives the life according to the teachings of Quran, becomes a friend of Allah.
Let’s have a look at ways you can adopt in order to understand the Quran:
- The foremost thing in this regard is to know how to read the Holy Quran. If you are unable to do so, the first step towards understanding is learning to read the Quran. For that, you can take help of the technology.
- The other way is to get an authentic Quran with translation as well as Tafseer. Reading the Quran with translation and Tafseer, enables oneself to literally understand the real meanings of the verses and chapters.
- Besides the above mentioned two ways, you can also get listen the sermons of any religious Scholar who is popular for delivering authentic information.
Follow the Sunnah
While reading the Quran opens up the chest and evolves your heart in the way of Allah, yet you need guidance on how to act according to the orders given by Allah in Quran. For that, the ultimate guide is the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Following the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), enables oneself to understand that:
- Know Yourself The Reason of Existence – It is evident from Sunnah that, He, who becomes clear about the purpose of his life, knows Allah.
- Fight for the Right – Allah is always with you. Therefore, do not fear the evil powers. Be among the righteous ones who have strong faith in Allah, as He is Who will always get you passed through troubles.
- Be Patient – Life of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) is a perfect example and source of inspiration to know how to be patient and avoid anxiety as well as anger in tough times. Always remember that, “The strong man is not the strongest wrestler, but the one who controls himself when anger”.
- Do Good Things for Others – Helping others without any discrimination is another lesson to be learned from the life of Muhammad (S.A.W). In order to become a friend of Allah, you actually have to take care of his creature.
- Also, remember the fact that, a man’s life hereafter will be decided on the basis of his deeds especially those related to fellow man. Therefore, always be careful while dealing with the people around you to ensure you are not hurting the sentiments of any person.
Besides these majors, one should thoroughly study the life of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) as there are infinite things one can analyze to live a perfect life as per orders of Allah. Therefore, one must not forget to analyze the life of Muhammad (S.A.W) in order to live life according to Sunnah. This surely is the key to heavens hereafter and the success to live an honorable life in this world.
If you want to seek the will of Allah and rest your soul in a state of contentment, tranquility, and ease, then ““Those who believe, and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest,” (Qur‘an, 13: 28).” And the best way to attain this level of satisfaction, is to follow the teachings of Quran and Sunnah.