10 Reasons Why Islam is the Religion of Truth
Mohamad Mostafa Nassar
When Islam started in Mecca, it was the prophet Mohammed by himself. A one-man religion. He was exposed to punishments and oppression. The people who first entered Islam were weak and also were oppressed and tortured by the pagans of Mecca (their relatives). Forward 23 years later to see the transformation of these uneducated powerless individuals to the most powerful ones and to control the world.
1. In 23 Years, Muslims Went from Being Powerless to Control the World.
When Islam started in Mecca, it was the prophet Mohammed by himself. A one man religion. He was exposed to punishments and oppression. The people who first entered Islam were weak and also were oppressed and tortured by the pagans of Mecca (their relatives).
Forward 23 years later to see the transformation of these uneducated powerless individuals to the most powerful ones and to control the world. The Arabs at the time of the prophet peace be upon him (6th century) were tribes and clans fighting each other. The Romans and the Persians were vast powerful empires.
Forward 23 years later to see how some powerless individuals were able climb the mountain of world power to take over the Persian empire and the Roman empire and introduce new world order. Not only did this transformation achieve miraculousness in its happenings but it’s also marvelous in its timing and its duration. Had it not been to Islam, the world would be different (much worse). The heroes of Islam would not have been heroes but would have been forgotten.
As the Arabs of that time were so linguistically gifted, a linguistic miracle was fit for the situation. Quran was sent to people who were so eloquent in the Arabic language.
If the Quran was not a linguistic miracle, then any of the Arabs and Arab poets in Mekkah (where the prophet peace be upon him stayed for 13 years calling people to worship Allah alone) would come up and say some poetry to challenge the Quran (since the challenge to them was clear) but none was able to challenge the eloquence of the Quran. The miraculousness of the Quran is an axiom to whomever studies Arabic academically.
3. Inheritance and Economic System in Islam Not only that, but the Islamic heritage system was revealed in only 2 verses.
The Islamic heritage system is one that is comprehensive and astonishing in its detail. It has covered all cases and all situations in the most fair way.
Such system was not known at all at the time of the prophet peace be upon him. No other religion has such system. How can an illiterate man come up with such system? A system that had no equal at that time
The Islamic economic system is also a system of wonders. It has the compatibility to encompass all types of old and new business maneuvers. It also has the ability to provide welfare for all people. It’s not a theory but a system which is implemented throughout the world and has been applied through history with ultimate success. How can an illiterate man from the 6th century come up with such system?
How can a Sheppard in the desert in the Arabic peninsula design such a system? A system that had no equal at its time. A system which competes with the most recent business and economics sciences and is proven to have more success. The answer is: he couldn’t. It was revealed to him.
4. Islam is the Only Religion that Makes Sense in Terms of Spirituality and Materialism In our world, religion becomes more of a shopping center where almost every person could come up with a religion or a version of a religion. It makes it hard to distinguish the true religion from the fake ones. Some have went all spiritual on the scale of spirituality. Others have gone all the way to materialism. Only Islam can gather both ends in a harmonic mixture. In Islam, Muslims are to build this earth and make it prosper be it in agriculture, industry, sciences, etc. We are ordered to protect life and property of all people who do not transgress and oppress us. We are ordered that if the day of Judgement comes and one has a plant in his hand to plant it. We are allowed to marry, have children and enjoy life. On the other hand, we are also responsible for our actions and we will be accounted for them. We should always work for the hereafter and wish to please God our creator. Islam is also a whole way of life. It deals with economics. It sets rules for dealings between humans and animals to dealings between humans and humans to rights of neighbors and parents to the relationship between human beings and the creator. 5. Scientific Proof in the Quran and the Sunnah Just to make it clear, the Quran is not a science book but it does not contradict with science. 6. Quran is the Only Book which Has Been Protected from Altercations Whether you are a Muslim or not, one thing all scholars have agreed upon: The Quran has been preserved as it was revealed to the prophet in the 6th century. Copies of the Quran are still available in Tashqand and Cairo. One of the properties of the Muslim Nation is “ISNAD”. Isnad means having narration chains where each person in the narration chain is well known and has his life recorded and studies. The holy Quran has been narrated through narration chains where a large group of narrators who are of very strong memory and minds have narrated the same text from one generation to the next (with the condition of actually meeting each other and listening to each other with no time gaps). This large group of narrators cannot all agree on a lie. The names and the life stories of EACH person is recorded and studied. Each narrator has his whole family recorded. These narrations have agreed with the copies from the Quran. Compare that with the current bible for example where there is no recorded narration chains (without putting the condition of having no time gaps or even having names for those narrators). Compare the Quran with current bible where you have thousands of manuscripts; no two are the same. Compare that with the writers of the bible where you only have one name: John who? Luke who? What is their last name? The Quran has been revealed in Arabic and it’s read in Arabic. For the first time, the people speak the language of the prophet not the other way around. There are translations of the Quran in different languages but the Quran is in Arabic and should be read in Arabic noting that ‘translations of meaning’ is different than a version. The Sunnah or the traditions of the prophet are protected through the same narration chains. That being said; the Quran and the Sunnah have two distinct styles which have never contradicted. 7. God in Islam is the Creator Most people who do not believe in God have an altered image of God. I do not believe in God who has human qualities. I do not believe in God who is born and can die. I do not believe in God who has human weaknesses. I do not believe in God who hisses and can manifest himself in his creations such as a cow. Hence, many Christians and other religious followers have doubts in their Gods and then some of them throw these doubts behind their backs and say we have faith while others just throw these doubts and refuse the idea of God. I do believe in God who is the creator of the heavens and the earth. I believe in God who has created everything that lives. So who is God in Islam? God describes himself in the Quran as: Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyum (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists). Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî  extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
[This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursî ] 8. Islam is the Largest Spreading Religion in this World Islam is the largest spreading religion in the western world and not because Muslims have more children than others. More than 20000 Americans convert to Islam each year. 4000 have converted to Islam in Germany this year alone. Thousands are converting to Islam in Latin America. WHY? Where is my proof?
here is my proof and here and here and here. Full topic can be found at https://islamegy.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/new_muslims/
9. Have You Been to a Masjid? If you have been to a Masjid, you would know what the word equality means. You would see Americans with Asians with Arabs with Hispanic all in one place; all are brothers who will protect each other and truly love each other.
You would see all nations and colors in one place bowing down for the creator. Hundreds of years and millions of dollars would never gather these people together and make them brothers but Islam did. Don’t believe me; visit any Masjid near you and there is probably one near you.
10. Consistency of Islam in Changing Times Whether you are a Muslim or a person who attacks Islam such as Daniel Pipes, you would agree that Islam has been constant in these changing times. Nothing else has been constant. Muslims still think the old way; the way of the prophets and the way which God has revealed his book.