Is it true that it is punishable by death to call prophet Muhammad black (it’s said in a Hadith is that Hadith authentic)? Is it true that the people that go to hell all turn black in Islam?
NONE of these things are true. Islam teaches equality for all races and ethnic groups.
In the Prophet Muhammad’s famous last sermon, he said:
“All humankind comes from Adam and Eve. There is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab, or of a non-Arab over an Arab, and no superiority of a white person over a black person or of a black person over a white person, except on the basis of personal piety and righteousness.”
The Prophet had numerous beloved black companions, including of course Bilal who everyone knows, but also:
· Usamah bin Zayd, who was like a son to the Prophet.
· Sa’ad Al-Aswad, who none of the Arabs wanted to marry because he was black, so the Prophet went to the father of the most beautiful girl in town and asked him to marry his daughter to Sa’ad, and it was done.
· Julaybib, who was an outcast because he had no tribal connections. Again, the Prophet found him a wife, then when he was killed in battle the Prophet wept over him and personally dug his grave.
· Ammar ibn Yasir, one of the first converts, who was eventually killed by the aggressors for his faith.
· And many others. It is a long list.
There was the famous incident between Bilal and Abu Dharr, when the two of them got into an argument, and Abu Dharr cursed Bilal, calling him, “son of a black woman.” Bilal went to the Prophet and complained to him.
The Prophet was furious. When Abu Dharr showed up the Prophet chastised him severely, so that Abu Dharr, in his remorse, laid on the ground and insisted that Bilal step on his head to show that he, Bilal was superior.
Similarly, if we look in the Quran, we find numerous statements urging racial and ethnic equality, such as:
“O humankind! We have made you…into nations and tribes, so that you may get to know one another. The noblest of you in God’s sight is the one who is most righteous.” – Quran 49:13
So please do not listen to the lies of the Islamophobes. For over 1,400 years, Islam has taught principles of racial equality.
This is not to say that you do not find racism among Muslims. Not all Muslims are exemplars of their faith. Some cultures are poisoned with the sin of racism. But those who know their religion and practice it should be better than that.–
Almighty Allah is the highest and most knowledgeable, and the attribution of knowledge to him is the safest.
Right from Almighty Allah and wrong from me and Satan
Prepared by Mohamad Mostafa Nassar- Australia.
Make sure to copy and email this post for your reference, you might need it later.
Arrogance is not only a sign of insecurity, but also a sign of immaturity. Mature and fully realised persons can get their points across, even emphatically without demeaning or intimidating others.